- This event has passed.
Food Forest Adventure
October 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - October 13, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
Posted by Nico Maio (Urban Ecovillage East Nashville)
Update as of October 5, 2019: Special 50% discount is offered to readers of Your Green Homestead. Please use the promo code WEEDEATERS when registering either on Eventbrite or by email (in Booking Options below).
Evoke the forest magic that exists inside of you.
Reawaken your primal instincts during this weekend immersion.
Come gather for this educational adventure on Oct 12-13.
- connect with the rhythms of seasonal fare that Mother Nature provides
- explore forest ecology wisdom, ecoculture and forest gardening
- immerse in field experience with harvesting and propagation techniques
- explore folklore, medicinal, magical, clinical, and functional knowledge of plants
- have delicious Meals prepared for the group and made with many of the foraged foods the group harvests
- have Drum circles led in the evenings by Rhythm Bird, opening & closing ceremonies with SylvaSophia (Forest Wisdom)
Let us know if you have any questions or special requests!
What would you like to learn about?
What are you curious about?
The destination is in Ashland City, TN. Address will be sent to your email after you secure your spot. Let’s be mindful of our carbon footprint and explore carpooling opportunities by sending a private message to Nico Maio or Natalia Smothers. Alternatively, you may connect on the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2335631239816524/.
CONTACT US: at email@example.com
COST: $40/day pass per person; Full event: $75/single, $120/duo, $150/family. Special discount for YGH readers: 50% off the listed prices with promo code WEEDEATERS.
Includes: Camping, Food, Forest Knowledge, Drum Circles
*there is a ‘pay what you can’ option for those who want to come yet can’t contribute fully, financially.
- Tickets on Eventbrite with 50% discount for YGH readers: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/food-forest-adventure-tickets-70940570155?discount=WEEDEATERS (this option includes Eventbrite fee)
- Payments without fees via paypal: hello@urbanecovillage or via venmo @nicolettemaio. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and method of payment if you choose a non-Eventbrite option.
8am-9am arrival, orient, camp setup
9am-12pm opening circle/ plantwalk #1
- SylvaSophia & Rhythm Bird will guide an opening circle
- getting to know the land
- observation: read the story written in the land by plants & nature
- species identification
12-1 guest A
2-2:30 drums and movement with Rhythm Bird
2:30-5 Plantwalk #2
- plant ID
- harvesting techniques
5-6 Guest B
7-8:30 slideshow and presentation on a year of Foraging in the Eastern Hardwood Forest
8:30- Drums & Movement, other Evening Activities & Fireside Stories
9-12 The Native Landscape
- Nut Harvests
- Processes in Foraging
- Perspective Relationship with Nature
12-1 Guest C
2-3 Drums and movement
3-4 Stewardship & Attitude
The intention of this gathering is education and appreciation.
Please no alcohol or drugs, we’re going to be high on forest vibes 🙂
All ages and all levels are welcome and encouraged.
About our facilitators:
Ande the Elf aka Ande Schewe brings forth the wisdom of the forest through his dedication to understanding and listening to Mother Nature. With over 20 years in educating, studying and practicing permaculture he is a resourceful guide in connecting people back to their wild nature. He stands behind the organizations WaketheFarmUp and Plantwalkers. WaketheFarmUp is on a mission to connect people with nature through permaculture and ecoculture education, and offers Permaculture inspections, homestead consults, urban and rural farm & garden planning advice, educational experiences and more. Plantwalkers is connecting people who walk with plants in diverse ways, it also is connecting people and plants through experienced and knowledgeable guides and teachers.
SylvaSophia means Forest Wisdom. The facilitator of these ceremonies, Shaman Ka, honors all of the elements and wisdom within, above and below. SylvaSophia is honored and supported by The Church of the Sacrament, which is an Open-mic Ministry of Unique Individuals which gather together monthly to share Good News! Gatherings happen in individual homes across the nation to reinforce the bonds of Community and to have deep meaningful discussions. “Every member is a minister.”
Rhythm Bird is a music monastery. The uniting message is very simple. “We believe in the uniting force of Rhythm. We embrace diversity of beliefs, values, lifestyles, politics and preferences. All you have to do is play with Rhythm. Naturally, your awareness of Rhythm will grow. Rhythm is in everything. The wind, the birds, our breath, our thoughts…”
Rhythm Bird is tax exempt religious organization.
All donations and contributions are tax deductible.
See you in the fruitful fall forest!